Dates are a key part to keeping a relationship alive. They allow partners to schedule out time for one another and do something fun together. Whether it’s your first date or one of many, be sure to read the list below for some ideas to inspire a fun and romantic date!
First Date Ideas
When going on a first date, it’s good to go to a place where you can talk and get to know one another. However, it’s also good to be at a place that can provide some conversation in case there’s awkward silences. Here are some ideas for great first dates that will make conversation flow easy and score you a second date!
- Visit a Museum: Pick a museum that highlights something you’re both interested in and go take a look! This is a great first date idea because it allows for you and your date to create conversation of your own but if you run out of things to say, talk about the museum pieces that are hung around you.
- Dinner Date: Dinner is a classic first date option but there’s good reason for that! First, who doesn’t like food? Also, it’s the perfect open environment to let conversation flow and learn about your date on your date night. So pick your favorite restaurant and have a blast!
- Go to a Wine Tasting or a Beer Tasting: Having a little bit of wine or beer in your system is a great way to loosen up those first date jitters!
- Meet for Coffee: Similar to the dinner date, a coffee shop is the perfect place for conversation and getting to know one another.
Affordable Date Ideas
Spending money on a fancy dinner or dropping $50 to go a movie aren’t always the most practical for a couple. Browse the list below for some more affordable date options for you and your partner.
- Take a Day Trip: Go for a drive to your favorite small town and walk around. Window shop with the local stores and maybe grab a coffee or sweet treat to share while you stroll.
- Go for a Hike: Work your muscles while talking and enjoying the view! This is a great idea for spending the day in a budget-friendly way.
- Picnic in the Park: Make your favorite meal at home and pack it away to go enjoy a picnic lunch at a local park or lake. There’s nothing like picnic to spark some romance and relax.
- Spend the Day at the Beach: Kick off your shoes and lay out in the sand. Getting some sun on your shoulders and playing in the water is a great way to spend the day with your loved one.
- Movie Night: Look through old DVDs or search through the clearance movie bin at the store to find a film you’d like to watch. Order in your favorite takeout or make a frozen pizza, gather your favorite movie snacks and a bottle of wine for this date night!
Adventurous Date Ideas
If you’re trying to break the average date mold, these ideas will definitely give you something to work with!
- Go Horseback Riding: Search for a local stable and ride a horse with your partner. This is a fun idea to try to something new and exciting!
- Take an Exercise Class: This sounds ordinary at first but try to reach out of your comfort zone. There are so many cool exercise classes like goat yoga or trapeze classes that will get you hyped up.
- Go to an Amusement Park: There are so many rides and roller coasters at amusement parks to get your adrenaline pumping. Imagine holding hands with your partner as you go down the big drop of your favorite ride— so much fun!
- Do a Rope Course: There are so many adventure rope courses with zip lining or other fun adventures. Take one with your significant other to build trust and break out of your comfort zone!
- Go for a Bike Ride: Cruise through your town or take your bikes to a new place to take a tour and ride around.
Seasonal Date Ideas
Dates can definitely vary by season, depending on where you live. Take advantage of the weather when it comes your way to try a new activity together!
- Enjoy a Local Festival: There are so many local festivals happening during the summer so they are perfect for summer date ideas. Many of them, include live music and good food so it’s a great way to get out of the house and have some fun!
- Listen to an Outdoor Concert: Buy lawn seats for one of your favorite singers, bring a blanket to sit on, enjoy the music and your night.
- Take a Walk: The summertime is a great season to discover new walking trails to get a little exercise and enjoy the outdoors. Maybe grab an ice cream while you’re at it to keep you cool as you stroll!
- Throw a BBQ: Summer nights are long and great for BBQs with friends or family. Relax, have a beer, and make some burgers at home with your loved ones.
- Roadtrip: Pick a place on a map and make it your destination. The summer is the ideal season for exploration and adventure!
- Carve Pumpkins: A cute date idea is to have a fall themed date with some apple cider, caramel candy, and pumpkins galore!
- Get Spooked at a Haunted House: I can’t think of a better excuse to hold someone’s hand other than walking through a haunted house.
- Do a Ghost Tour: So many small towns offer ghost tours through their donwtown area during the fall! Go ride around, listen to ghost stories, and cuddle up next to one another.
- Follow a Corn Maze: Local farms are a field day for fun fall dates. One of the most popular things they offer are corn mazes! Take a walk and try to find your way out— maybe sneak in a smooch while you’re lost.
- Go Apple Picking: Getting lost in the orchards and enjoy an apple fresh off the tree is a romantic date you and your partner will both love.
- Go Ice Skating: Even if skating isn’t your strong suit, it’s cute to be a little wobbly and hold hands while twirling around the ice.
- Go Rock Climbing: This is a great way to explore while staying indoors! Build trust, compete against one another, and have some fun.
- Take a Walk with Hot Cocoa: Take a day trip to your favorite downtown and explore with a cup of hot chocolate in your hand.
- Go Skiing: The winter is the best time to hit the slopes! Cozy up by the fire at night and during the day, have fun skiing or snowboarding with your significant other.
- Do an Indoor Picnic: Lay down some blankets and pillows, light a few candles, and cook a nice meal together— so romantic!
- Fly a Kite: Go to your local park and grab a kite! This is a fun thing for a couple to do on a windy and relaxing day.
- Visit the Farmers Market: The spring time is perfect for getting fresh fruits, vegetables, and other fun ingredients. The farmers market is a great place to support local farmers and enjoy grabbing some fresh produce.
- Get Lunch: Many restaurants open their doors for outdoor dining in the spring. Go grab a bite to eat at your favorite place and enjoy the fresh air.
- Plant a Garden: With everything blooming in the spring, it’s hard not to want to attempt to grow something. Whether it’s a small spice plant for your kitchen or planting flowers in your garden, this is a fun way so spend some time outside with your partner.
- Go to the Zoo or Aquarium: With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect time to visit your favorite animal exhibits and learn something new.
- Head to a Flea Market: There are so many cool things to find at a local flea market. Whether you just go to look around or if you’re down to hunt for a bargain, this is a fun date idea to keep your relationship lively.
Anniversary or Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
When it comes to your anniversary or to Valentine’s Day, you may want your date to a bit more special and romantic.
- Fine Dining: Go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy a luxury meal for your date night. The ambiance here with your romantic dinner is sure to set your night out on a great note.
- Relive Your First Date: It is so much fun to go back to the place where you and your significant other first met or first went on a date. Reminiscing on that memory and talking over your first impressions are bound to bring up some butterflies.
- Plan a Trip: Whether it’s a stay-cation or one away from home, getting out is relaxing for the both of you. Have fancy cocktail or two, hit the town, and enjoy!
Fun Date Ideas
Dinner and a movie are classic but, sometimes you want to mix things up!
- Go to an Arcade: Have a beer, play arcade games, take photos in a photo booth and relive your younger years. There is nothing more fun than playing games and getting a little tipsy!
- Play Mini Golf: A little friendly competition can be fun sometimes. Get a club and try to score a hole-in-one on a fun mini golf course near you!
- Take a Cooking Class: This is a great way to learn something new that you can bring home with you. There are so many exciting classes out there— try one for your favorite food!
- Go to the Local Fair: Eat some delicious fair food and sit on top of the Ferris wheel. This is a fun way to spark some romance and enjoy a fun event together.
- Plan a Scavenger Hunt: Keep your date dynamic and on the move with this fun date idea! There are so many great resources online to help you get a tour of your area with a fun hunt.
- Try a New Sport or Enjoy an Old One: Go to a batting cage or a basketball court and try out some new moves. This is a great way to bond over an old hobby or try something new together!
Double Date Ideas
Meeting up with friends makes for great that are a lot of and add new energy to your traditional out. Try these with your favorite couple!
- Play Laser Tag: Suit up and have some fun while playing laser tag. Find out which couple has the skills to win!
- Go to a Concert: Grab tickets to one of your favorite shows and enjoy live music with your favorite pair.
- Go Out to Sunday Brunch: Bottomless mimosas and delicious brunch food with some friends— what could go wrong?
- Game Night: Make a new craft cocktail and gather your favorite games for a fun night in. This is perfect for a rainy or cold night!
- Try to Solve an Escape Room: Put your minds to the test and work together to try and break out of an escape room.