What happens when an emotional, possessive zodiac sign finds themselves in a relationship with an elusive, free-spirited zodiac sign? A not-so-great love match, that’s what.
Let’s dive into the very strong, very different personalities of air sign Aquarius and water sign Scorpio, shall we?
Aquarius and Scorpio Compatibility
The Aquarius Zodiac
- Aquarius is under the planetary ruler of Uranus. This is the only planet that spins on its side, and this zodiac sign is known to be very individualistic and original in their ways.
- The Aquarius symbol is a water bearer. It looks like 2 ocean waves and represents the flow of energy, thinking, and creativity.
- As a fixed sign, Aquarius people are natural born leaders with intelligence and a touch of persistence and stubbornness.
- As an air sign, an Aquarian is a breath of fresh air with an admirable free spirit. They are great friends and great conversationalists.
- Aquarius personality traits:
- Independent, but hates being alone for long periods of time
- Intelligent, progressive, great problem solvers
- Although they are fixed, it’s easy for them to adapt to new environments.
- They might seem strange at times, but that’s because they don’t care about what people think of them!
- An Aquarius lover might seem a bit aloof and elusive at times, just because they aren’t very much in tune with their feelings and would just rather ignore them.
- Aquarius man personality:
- Social but independent
- Good at communicating
- Appears aloof at times because his mind is always occupied with new ideas
- If you want to be in a relationship with him, be his friend first. He won’t want to rush into a relationship either.
- Aquarius woman personality:
- Practical and intelligent
- Get her attention by standing out from the crowd — she’ll appreciate the individuality.
- Not great with emotions, so if you get too clingy, she might run away!
Aquarius aren’t in a rush to settle down. They are perfectly fine with the idea of staying single. It’s best to become friends with this sign before pursuing them romantically because they want to know that they can trust you, that they can rely on you, and that they can have a good time with you. You could easily chase an Aquarius away by moving too quickly. They don’t want a clingy partner. They want someone who is going to encourage them to maintain their independence.
Aquarius aren’t going to go along with the dating games most other signs play. They are attracted to people who stand out from the crowd, people who set their own rules, people who aren’t trying too hard to fit in. Aquarius don’t care what other people think about them, so they don’t waste time paying attention to trends or following silly dating rules. They are drawn to people with unique styles and unique personalities. They want a relationship that isn’t like anyone else’s.
The Scorpio Zodiac
- The Scorpio zodiac sign is ruled by Mars (ruler of strength and self-expression) and Pluto (ruler of psychic energy).
- The Scorpio symbol is a scorpion, which represents power and intimacy.
- As a fixed sign, a Scorpio star sign is stable and determined. This sun sign has a “my way or the highway” attitude and when they set their sights on something, they won’t give up until they get it.
- As a water sign, a Scorpio has secret emotional intensity. They are secretly very sensitive and don’t like to stay in negative moods for very long, so they typically bounce back quickly.
- Scorpio personality traits:
- Possessive and has jealous tendencies
- Obsessive and will hold grudges
- Scorpio man personality
- He will notice right away if you’re trying to play games with him, so just don’t bother!
- He would rather be in a committed relationship than go through a bunch of flings.
- Scorpio woman personality
- Although she can be confident and flirtatious, she won’t give her heart away to just anyone. She won’t open up until she feels comfortable enough to!
- She won’t like to play or be played, so don’t bother trying to get her to chase you!
Scorpios are passionate, energetic, and determined. Once they decide they want something, they aren’t going to give up until they get it. They chase after their dream careers and their dream person. It doesn’t matter if there are a few speedbumps during your relationship with a Scorpio because they will try their hardest to fix whatever is wrong. They will fight for the relationship for as long as possible instead of giving up hope during the first rough patch. However, they also hold grudges for long periods of time. If you mess up too badly, all bets are off.
Unfortunately, Scorpios are jealous and demanding. When they’re in a relationship, they are going to set harsh guidelines. If their partner isn’t comfortable changing certain behaviors in order to make them feel more comfortable, then the relationship probably isn’t going to last long. A Scorpio needs someone who is going to commit to them fully. They don’t want a partner who goes around flirting with everyone they meet. They want to feel special. They want to be prioritized.
Aquarius and Scorpio: Friendship Compatibility
- Both signs have very strong and very different personalities and characteristics, so it will be hard for them to communicate with and trust one another.
- They have different interests in life, except for the fact they’re both very persistent in succeeding.
- Although this friendship is a bit unusual and not likely to work, there is a mutable admiration: a Scorpio will love how an Aquarius is so free-spirited, and an Aquarius will love how mysterious a Scorpio is.
These two signs tend to have pretty severe problems communicating. They see the world in completely different ways, so they are bound to get into misunderstandings. Since Scorpios are masters of holding grudges, and Aquarius couldn’t care less about what people think about them, they might not make up from their fights. They might distance themselves from each other and search for other signs who understand them better.
Although it’s difficult for these two signs to make a friendship work, they will admire each other from afar. Aquarius love unique souls, so they will be drawn to how mysterious a Scorpio acts in public. Meanwhile, Scorpios will wish they were more carefree and relaxed like an Aquarius. Although these signs could learn a lot from each other if they put effort into getting along, it’s much more common for them to butt heads and part ways.
Aquarius and Scorpio: S*x and Love Compatibility
- This isn’t the strongest love pair of the zodiac just because of their different personalities.
- Scorpio’s emotions and possessiveness will be way too much for the elusive, emotionally distant Aquarius.
- A Scorpio partner will be clingy and emotional at times and their Aquarian partner won’t want to deal with that in the slightest–their free spirit and inability to express emotions will let them pack up their things and move on.
- In order for a romantic relationship to work between them, there needs to be a solid foundation of trust, communication about feelings, and lots of work and commitment.
Aquarius cannot stand it when their partners are clingy. They need plenty of space and alone time. They don’t want to be with their partners every hour of the day. Scorpios are going to demand way too much attention and affection for their taste. Scorpios are going to make them feel suffocated. An Aquarius would much rather be in a relationship where they are free to do as they please without giving their partner constant updates and reassurance. An Aquarius needs room to breathe.
Meanwhile, Scorpios are going to feel like they are being taken for granted when they are with an Aquarius. None of their expectations are going to be reached. None of their needs are going to be met. When dating an Aquarius, a Scorpio will become self-conscious and start to wonder whether they are being cheated on because they aren’t going to receive as much attention and reassurance as they need. They are always going to feel like they are a second choice.
Zodiac Compatibility with an Aquarius or a Scorpio
- If you’re an Aquarius (sun, rising, or moon sign), you’ll find that you connect with certain signs more than others, like an Aries or Leo. There is a passionate and exciting energy between an Aquarius and an Aries: although they both lack emotional tenderness, they are still trusting of one another and good at communicating. Leo is an intense fire sign and Aquarius is a calm air sign, but hey – opposites attract! While Leo is the king of the zodiac, Aquarius will fight for their independence — this power struggle will make them very attracted to one another and once they are able to get past that and work together, they can create great things.
- If you’re an Aquarius, you’ll find that a relationship with a water sign, like Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces, won’t be the best fit. As mentioned before, an Aquarius and a Scorpio have very bold, very different personalities and will have a hard time understanding one another. Cancer and Pisces are two signs that are very emotional and possessive, and a free-spirited Aquarian won’t be interested in that in the slightest.
- If you’re a Scorpio (sun, moon, or rising sign), you’ll find that a relationship with an earth sign, like Virgo or Capricorn will be a good fit for you. Virgos and Scorpios are both guarded and grounded in love. Capricorn compliments Scorpio because while Scorpio is mysterious and suspicious of others, Capricorn is stable and dependable and allows for Scorpio to open up and be vulnerable.
- If you’re a Scorpio, expect a relationship with an air sign, like Libra or Gemini, to be unfit. Geminis are so far away from the likeness of a Scorpio that it’s overwhelming. They’ll annoy each other to no end, and will have a really difficult time with intimacy, trust, and shared interests. Scorpio will be impatient towards Libra’s indecisiveness about everything. Libras like balance and the possessiveness of Scorpio might make them feel a bit overwhelmed and like things are one-sided.
Aquarius won’t work well with water signs because they are too emotional. An Aquarius needs a partner who is grounded and down to earth. They don’t want to deal with constant drama. They don’t want to guess what is running through the other person’s mind, either. They want a straightforward, transparent relationship that feels comfortable and easy. If there’s no communication in the relationship, then they aren’t going to feel like they belong with that person.
Scorpios aren’t a great match for an Aquarius. They will work much better with an earth sign. After all, Scorpios are terrified of getting hurt. They aren’t going to let their vulnerable side show unless they feel one-hundred percent comfortable with someone. An earth sign will make a Scorpio feel like they are in safe hands. They will encourage them to open up about their emotions and let down their walls. Instead of feeling insecure in the relationship, the Scorpio will feel safe and secure.