We meet new people every day. Even if we know how to chat with most people, we often get stuck on a topic and no longer know what to say.
Indeed, fear of judgment of others, shyness or lack of self-confidence can prevent us from having an interesting conversation .
By having a list of conversation topics in your head, you will never worry about how to continue a discussion. All you have to do is use one of these discussion topics to keep your conversation interesting.
Topics for conversation with a girl
Here are discussion topics that you can use during a first date with a girl you like, whether during the meeting (after having approached her for example), in college, at work, in the evening , etc…
In short, in a lot of situations in which you can ask a few questions to the woman who attracts you.
- To interest a girl when you chat with her, you have to make her experience something emotional.
Make him experience (mostly) positive emotions contrasted by negative emotions (moderately).
And it is by this emotional richness that you will captivate the girls you like, that is, by speaking to their hearts.
- A woman’s favorite topic of conversation is herself.
What does that mean? Well, by sincerely taking an interest in your interlocutor, you will be on the right track to seduce her. For starters, for example, you can comment on something she’s wearing.
The secret to having an interesting conversation is to let it speak for itself. It is a subject she knows well and she will probably feel comfortable speaking.
Here are some conversation points that you can use to spice up the conversation.
- What does she do for work / study?
- What is his fondest childhood memory?
- Where did she grow up
- What does she do with her free time? (hobbies, passions…)
- What is his film, his favorite series?
- What is his favorite genre of music?
- Does she have pets?
- What are his dreams and plans for the future?
- Is she close to her family? Does she have brothers and sisters?
- Does she like to travel?
- What is the worst thing that happened to him while traveling?
- Does she speak other languages?
Conversation topics with a guy
While some women have no difficulty finding topics for conversation with a man, most are not.
This can be particularly difficult for some people, especially if you are shy by nature. Furthermore, finding something to talk to a man has nothing to do with discussions between girls.
Thanks to communication, you can better discover the man you like in order to seduce him.
In fact, to make a man happy, you have to know what he likes or doesn’t like, his hobbies, his centers of interest and his projects. Here are some ideas for talking points to talk to the guy you like.
What are his passions and favorite activities? (cooking, travel, sport, art, hobbies, movies, etc.)
Start questions about his daily life : his days, his past experiences, his work, his studies, his family …
Ask him what his future plans are and encourage him to have self-confidence to accomplish them.
Address the questions of love : do not hesitate to ask him what he likes about you … What he thinks of * relationships and how he thinks a woman can make a man happy.
Talk about food and cooking. It’s a light and fun topic, everyone eats and most people like to talk about their food tastes. D iscover what type of food you both like and those you hate.
Talk about topics of conversation related to the present moment . Instead of worrying, try to make simple observations about your environment. Is there something new, unusual or different in your environment? This will naturally lead to other subjects of discussion on more or less related themes.
Find out if you had common interests when you were children. This can be a great way to build a lot of relationships quickly (eg video games or the kind of music that was current at the time…)
- What are his passions and favorite activities? (cooking, travel, sport, art, hobbies, movies, etc.)
- Start questions about his daily life : his days, his past experiences, his work, his studies, his family …
- Ask him what his future plans are and encourage him to have self-confidence to accomplish them.
- Address the questions of love : do not hesitate to ask him what he likes about you … What he thinks of * relationships and how he thinks a woman can make a man happy.
- Talk about food and cooking. It’s a light and fun topic, everyone eats and most people like to talk about their food tastes. D iscover what type of food you both like and those you hate.
- Talk about topics of conversation related to the present moment . Instead of worrying, try to make simple observations about your environment. Is there something new, unusual or different in your environment? This will naturally lead to other subjects of discussion on more or less related themes.
- Find out if you had common interests when you were children. This can be a great way to build a lot of relationships quickly (eg video games or the kind of music that was current at the time…)
Subject of conversation by sms
Talking with someone via sms can be stressful! Indeed, if you have just met someone and you are ready to know them better, the best thing is to ask them relevant questions in order to start a conversation.
Yes, but what question to ask by SMS? What subject to discuss?
The best is to start with simple and short questions about his work or studies, his family, his friends …
Then start the conversation on his interests (passion, sport, leisure…). Then make a transition to his future plans. This will allow you to see if you are on the same wavelength.
The goal is to find interesting topics of conversation to avoid the discussion being too boring.
We have some ideas for sms conversation topics for you to easily chat with the person you like.
For a first approach to cruising
- What attracts you to someone?
- Are you single ?
- What are you doing now ?
- What do you do in your free time ?
- What would you say if I asked you to come?
- How about having this one-on-one conversation?
- Did you smile when you saw my name on your phone?
- Which hashtag would you choose to describe your life?
- Would you be tempted by an appointment to get to know each other better?
- Perhaps we could continue this conversation over a drink. What do you think ?
- Would you like to send me your favorite photo?
To get to know the person better
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What are your fun little quirks?
- What are you most afraid of in life?
- Where do you like to spend your holidays?
- What does a perfect day look like for you?
- Are you athletic
- What is your profession ?
- What is the job of your dreams?
- Do you have a tattoo (Would you like to send me a photo?)
- What is your biggest dream ?
- What would you choose between the two: money or love?
- Do you like animals, do you have pets?
- Are you close to your family?
- If you could trade your life with a celebrity, who would you choose?
- What is your best childhood memory?
Regarding * relationships
- What is important to you in * relationships?
- What kind of relationship are you looking for?
- What are you ready to do for love?
- Have you ever been in love? If yes, how many times?
To finish here are some tips to prevent your conversation from ending in a dead end
– If this is the first time you are chatting with this person, try to link the topic to something related to the current situation instead of finding a random topic.
– Think before you speak. You cannot withdraw what has already been said. In addition, most people remember the conversations you had together, which is why you should never behave badly, unless you want to leave a bad impression.
– One of the best ways to keep the conversation interesting while keeping a balance is to ask questions in turn.
It should not take the form of a competition that asks the best questions, but it is a good way to keep a good conversation going without either of them being dominant.
– Learn about the news . Read the press and social media for interesting discussion topics.
– Avoid short answers (such as “yes”, “no” or “OK”), as they often lead conversations to a dead end.
– Listen carefully and get involved as much as possible. Once your conversation partner has answered your question, find an event from your own experience to relate it to something he mentioned.
– Have a dose of humor , choose a topic of conversation that will make you both laugh, it can help you relax if necessary.
– Avoid speaking too long , make sure you have the attention of your interlocutor and re-launch the dialogue each time by asking him questions.
That’s a lot of ideas for talking points! I hope you have taken at least a few that will help you in your next conversation.
After going through them you can ask yourself the question: What makes a conversation interesting?
Most people assume that the topic of your conversation should be super-interesting, when it isn’t really the case.
It does not depend on the subject of conversation. We can make almost any conversation interesting if we are not afraid to openly give our point of view, our opinion and part of our personality to the other.
And if you think your conversations are “boring”…. the problem could be that you are just exchanging facts with the other person. You are not trying to find out how that person basically works.
For a conversation to be interesting, you have to break down barriers , speak without a mask and go from the bottom of your heart.
Find pleasant topics of conversation, initially avoid talking about politics, religion and other topics of conversation that could create tensions and differences.
Also avoid matters relating to marriage and children when you are still in the knowledge stage.
You should also avoid talking badly about people , it is not a good idea to talk about. Your interlocutor might consider you a bad language.
It is possible to talk about someone causing you trouble, share your feelings and seek comfort, but it should never become a habit.
The topics of conversation can turn around intimate things only if you are already at an advanced stage of the relationship.
Discuss your past experiences . The challenge when talking about past experiences is that in general, you don’t want to get into too personal details too quickly.
Some of these questions may be appropriate during a * date. In other situations, you will want stories from the past to appear more spontaneously, as they relate to whatever topic we are talking about.
Even then, you have to know how to preserve your secret garden and in no case should you say everything about yourself.
In short, don’t say anything and everything just to cover moments of silence! In a discussion, there are always times when blanks arise, and that’s more than normal! You just have to know how to bounce back.
Do not lie because you have to say something at all costs, sometimes the silence can also be pleasant, do not panic if you have nothing to say.
You now have everything you need to find good ideas for topics of conversation. You just have to break the ice and the rest will happen naturally. Good luck and good conversation!