If you take two water signs, Cancer and Pisces, do you get a good love match, or is it just a hurricane of emotions? Let’s understand the personalities of each sign and whether or not a Pisces Cancer relationship can work out:
Pisces and Cancer Compatibility
The Cancer Zodiac
- Cancer is ruled by the moon, the planetary ruler of intuition and emotion.
- The Cancer symbol is a crab, but the constellation could depict it as the breast of a woman, representing the goddess Hera from Greek mythology and the nurturing nature of woman.
- As a water sign, they have a strong intuition and deep feelings. This zodiac sign is known for going through waves of emotions.
- As a cardinal sign, they tend to be very sensitive creatures who lead with their hearts impulsively and irrationality and sometimes manipulatively.
- Personality traits of a Cancer:
- Emotional, sympathetic
- Loyal, overprotective, and nurturing in a friendship and a relationship
- Has mood swings
- Finds peace through creative outlets
- Cancer man personality:
- Moody, sensitive
- Won’t hide his feelings from his loved one
- The Cancer man wants to feel needed and wants to share his life with someone
- Cancer woman personality:
- Vulnerable, open
- Fierce loyalty
- Romantic and ready for love; the Cancer woman won’t play the field
Cancers are blunt about their emotions. They never hide the way they’re feeling, even if it’s going to make a situation uncomfortable. If they have feelings for you, they will admit it. However, they will also admit when they are upset with you. They aren’t going to hold back anything in order to keep the peace. They believe it’s better to communicate openly than to hold their deepest feelings inside. They don’t want a partner who expects them to guess what is on their mind. They want their partner to be as honest as they always are.
Cancers are codependent, nurturing, and loyal. They aren’t a fan of casual relationships because they want to develop a deep, meaningful connection with one specific partner. They aren’t satisfied with flirting, going on one date, and never seeing the other person again. Once they connect with someone special, they grow attached. They want to spend as much time together as possible. They don’t need much space. In fact, they need constant attention.
The Pisces Zodiac
- Pisces is ruled by the planet Neptune, the god of the sea, and the ruler of deep emotions. Pisces is also believed to be ruled by Jupiter, the planet of intuition and philosophy.
- The Pisces symbol is two fish swimming in unison. Just like the Greek mythology story of a fish who saved the goddess and god of love, Aphrodite and Eros, from a sea monster, this sun sign will love to be the selfless and generous hero.
- As a water sign, this zodiac is full of empathy and compassion. They tend to lead with their thoughts and instincts rather than with logic. If their loved one needs a shoulder to cry on, a Pisces will be there and cry with them.
- As a mutable sign, a Piscean will often adjust their feelings to fit the needs of the people they’re surrounded by. They are people-pleasers.
- Pisces personality traits:
- Intuitive, empathetic, and full of emotion (theirs and others)
- Aren’t afraid to dream big but might be afraid to follow through on those dreams
- Great at developing an emotional connection with someone
- A Pisces lover will lead with their heart over their head.
- Pisces man personality traits:
- The Pisces man lives to please others and will prioritize your happiness over their own
- Bottles up his emotions and battles them internally
- A Pisces man will love to laugh and do anything to make you laugh
- He wants to be helpful and save the day
- Pisces woman personality traits:
- She is very kind, compassionate, and quite romantic.
- She loves to laugh and won’t want a partner who takes themselves too seriously
- The Pisces woman is often perceived as naive or vulnerable because she’s very trusting of others. If you break her trust, she’ll hold a grudge against you.
Pisces are one of the most selfless signs. They are givers. They live to please others. Their emotions are strongly impacted by the people around them, which is why they try to cause joy wherever they go. If a Pisces’ partner is upset, they are going to be upset. If their partner is excited, they are going to be excited. They care more about their partner’s happiness than their own happiness. They will do anything within their power to make sure their loved ones are content.
Pisces are sweet, sentimental, and kind. They will perform grand, romantic gestures for their partners on a frequent basis. They will spoil their loved ones rotten. Although they would never ask for anything in return, they secretly hope that their partner will put just as much effort into birthdays and anniversaries. They don’t want their affection to be one-sided because they are used to being the person who cares more. They hope to find a partner who will give as much as they receive.
Pisces and Cancer: Friendship Compatibility
- Cancer is ruled by the moon, while Pisces is ruled by Neptune, and with that, they share a deep, mystical energy.
- They are compassionate, kind, and able to tolerate one another’s emotions no matter how extreme. They are very loyal to and understanding of one another, and this makes them very compatible.
- Between two water signs, this is a healthy pair with similar characteristics. They compliment each other very well!
- With Cancer’s ideas in creative outlets and Pisces as a big dreamer, magic can happen between these two.
These two signs are never going to get bored when they’re hanging out together. They can talk for hours and hours about everything that is going on in their lives. Although there are some people who cannot handle how upfront they are about their emotions, they don’t have to hold anything back around each other. They never have to pretend they’re fine. When they’re upset, they can be honest about their feelings and they are going to be comforted, not judged.
Pisces and Cancers are both givers. Their friendship will be a nice change of pace for them both because they are used to being the one who puts more effort into a relationship. However, they will both put plenty of effort into their friendship. They will spoil each other. They will check in on each other. They will surprise each other. They will be able to count on each other. They will know that they can run to each other for whatever they need.
Pisces and Cancer: S*x and Love Compatibility
- When it comes to physical intimacy, they will depend on their emotional rapport to keep them stable and committed to one another.
- As water signs, they are very much in tune with each other’s emotion and how it plays out in their s*x life.
- They are good at communicating in general and with each other, and these two will always have something to talk about.
- A Cancer partner will bring meaning to the act of s*x, while a Pisces partner will bring change, creativity, and sensuality.
- Cancer’s practicality will help the dreamy, leading-with-the-heart Pisces, while Pisces can provide emotional comfort to moody Cancer when they need it.
Pisces and Cancers are loyal. When they commit to someone, they don’t break their promise. Even more importantly, they will never run out of conversation topics because they are comfortable talking about anything and everything. They will share their secrets, discuss their futures, and reveal their darkest fears. There aren’t any topics that are off limits when it comes to these two signs. Since their conversations are so eclectic, they will get to know each other well. Their relationship will not be purely physical. It will also be spiritual, intellectual, and emotional.
S*x between these two signs will never be boring because they are both willing to try new things in the bedroom. They won’t shame each other when an idea is brought to the table. They won’t keep secrets from each other, either. They will feel comfortable talking about their individual needs and asking for what they want. Plus, Pisces are incredibly creative. They’re great at coming up with new ideas and techniques. Even if these two signs are together for a long period of time, their s*x life isn’t going to become stale.
Zodiac Compatibility with a Pisces or Cancer
- If you’re a Pisces, you will most likely have a hard time getting along with a fire sign, like Aries. It’s hard for you two to connect on every level of the relationship, in trust, love, physical intimacy, and communication. They’ll have a hard time understanding their differences in intuition (Pisces) and hard-headedness (Aries). A Pisces might also have a hard time getting along with another fire sign: Leo. Both signs represent love, but in dramatically different ways. Leos are self-absorbed leaders and Pisces is a people-pleaser who wants to be the hero.
- If you’re a Pisces zodiac sign, you will find that a relationship with earth sign Virgo will be one of the best, if not the best. Although these are two opposing signs on the zodiac, there is strong chemistry between them. Both signs feel confident, secure, and relaxed in their relationship.
- If you’re a Cancer (sun, rising, or moon sign), expect a relationship with air sign Libra to be a bad one. You both will have trouble adjusting to one another and finding common ground. Libras tend to stray away from relationships, thus making them untrustworthy to a Cancer, while Cancers can be manipulative and moody and Libra won’t like that feeling of imbalance. They’ll also have trouble with an Aquarius, another air sign. A Cancer will have too many demands for the distant, energetic, elusive Aquarius.
- If you’re a Cancer and you find yourself in a romantic relationship with a Capricorn, understand that this is a once in a lifetime, past life type of love. You two might feel as if you knew each other before, and with that, there’s an incredible closeness and deep understanding. Even if some issues arise here and there, you’ll never give up on one another.
Pisces have a hard time trusting fire signs. They don’t want a partner who is too impulsive and spontaneous. They don’t want a partner who has a hard time opening up about their emotions, either. Pisces need someone who is going to talk to them about feelings on a daily basis. They don’t want any secrets in their relationship. Pisces will work much better with earth signs, because there will be much more stability, transparency, and equality in the relationship. They will feel comfortable as a team.
Cancers follow their hearts, not their heads. They are one of the most emotional signs, so they need a partner who is able to handle their mood swings. They cannot be with someone who thrives on routine or logic, like an air sign, because they can never predict how they are going to be feeling tomorrow, let alone a few weeks from now. However, the one thing that they aren’t fickle about is how much they love their partner. Once they commit, they aren’t going anywhere. They just need a partner who feels as intensely as they do.