There truly is no rest for the weary. Though eclipse season is now behind us, this week starts off with yet another bang. On the 12th, Saturn meets Pluto in Capricorn. The great disciplinarian meets the great transformer—structure meets decay. Occurring only once every 35 to 38 years (These two planets last met in 1982! And before that in 1947!), this aspect is like a cosmic ground zero. It marks a major shift in both personal and global responsibility. It’s time to move forward by accepting the present (how’s that for a mindf-ck?). Later in the week, Venus moves into dreamy Pisces, and Mercury moves into eccentric Aquarius, both planets mingling with revolutionary Uranus, reminding us that even our most earth-shattering problems can only be solved with compassion and creativity. Let’s go forth with grace.
Horoscopes follow for each sign. If you know your rising sign, reading for that will provide further insight.)
You are learning to take yourself seriously. And on the 12th, you feel the weight (and the wrinkles) of self-actualization. Before splurging on an expensive night cream to combat the dark under-eye circles of wisdom, do your research. You have come way too far to invest in something tested on animals or deceivingly toxic. Start this new era with some clean, green beauty. On the 15th, further healing comes from time with your kids or working on a creative project. You thought it was lame, but it turns out laughter really is the best medicine.
- Whether you had to confront someone you didn’t even know needed to be confronted or you came down with a sudden illness that left you unable to enjoy the holiday break, eclipse season likely rocked your world in a way that was totally out of your control. To gain back your power, the remedy is to speak up for yourself (and lots of ginger). On the 18th, follow your gut and send that email pitching that crazy idea. You know how to handle the unexpected, so trust that your impulses are leading you down the right path.
- You are such a sensitive soul, sweet Pisces. And lately, you’ve been feeling not only let down, but even worse, like you are letting everyone else down. On the 12th, spend time with a friend who always makes you laugh. Why can’t all of your relationships be this easy? As Venus enters your sign on the 13th, spread the love by embracing what flows. Switch up your style or get a fresh haircut. Express yourself and you’ll discover where you need to be.
On the 12th, it becomes clear that you’re not going to get the promotion you were promised. There was an outside hire or, even worse, you’re now co-managing the department with your office nemesis. This may seem like a way-out-there notion, but the validation was never coming from your boss anyway. Perhaps what’s really fulfilling is the bliss of solitude. Book an extra-long restorative yoga class or acupuncture session on the 15th to clear your mind. Embrace the peace and quiet.
- This week is all about adjusting. On the 12th, you learn there’s a hitch in those plans you’ve been hatching—whether it’s a couples trip to Napa or a business venture. Fear not, it’s still happening, but it isn’t what you expected. To ease your disappointment, focus on your routine. The 18th is an auspicious occasion to beautify your home: Hang those paintings, buy that green couch and create some hygge through organizing your closet. Your dreams are important, but don’t forget the power that’s already within you (or that you have a pint of Halo Top in the freezer).
Whether it’s sending carefully curated emojis to your work wife or cooking a special dinner for your real wife, your partner needs your attention on the 12th. Even if everything is going smoothly for you personally (a lovely day at the office is guaranteed on the 15th!), there’s still so much that’s out of your control. You have to handle the hard things together. You can’t figure it out alone. If you’re feeling extra overwhelmed, spend the 18th daydreaming about your next vacation. Where do you want to go?
Whether it’s signing a new freelance contract or taking that once low-key relationship to the next level, get ready to commit on the 12th. You’ve wanted this for a long time, but TBH, all this responsibility is freaking you out! Don’t let whatever it is stop you from following your curiosity and intuition, though. When a friend invites you to join her for a quick trip out of town on the 15th, take her up on it. There’s beauty in what you don’t know.
- You’re not a fool, but you are doing a lot of dirty work this month. Prepare for total burnout on the 12th, when all the favors, errands and thankless labor catch up to you. Once the chores are finally out of the way, there’s plenty of room to get a writing or artistic project off the ground. On the 15th, call your former collaborator and stoke the creative flame or finally submit that pitch for a program at work. Put it into words. Shake on it. Keep doing the work, but please let yourself have fun.
- This period of your life has been distinctly lacking pleasure, and this reaches a climax on the 12th. Why keep going on bad dates? Why prioritize work over bonding with your kids? Why put responsibility before passion? If you’re open to it, this week could introduce you to your next muse. On the 15th, a past lover or forever friend calls and asks if you want to go abroad together (or simply take a yoga class). Accept the offer. You deserve a break.
- It’s OK to start over, dear Libra. By the 12th, you are fully aware of the parts of your past that are no longer working, the family structures that no longer serve you and the toxic living situations that need to go (three roommates—and their boyfriends who never leave?). It’s time to do something about it. It isn’t necessary to start from zero though. You underestimate the resources you already have. On the 15th, pick one creative solution and whistle while you work.
- You have long been feeling like no one is listening or that no one understands. You don’t need to shout, but you might need a better audience. On the 12th, choose your words carefully and deliver them to someone you trust. Despite all the frustrations with communication, some romance is definitely waiting in the wings. Remember: Pleasure isn’t a distraction but a goal. Dare someone to take you out on a mind-blowing date. Be the queen you wish to see in the world.
- All the money stress you’ve been feeling for the past year reaches its climax on the 12th. Yes, that job opportunity didn’t pan out, and you’re already on your third contingency plan for January’s budget. Take a moment to consider what makes you feel secure. What do you already have? On the 15th, pick up some plants and stylish pots (get them secondhand to save some cash!) and spend the afternoon learning how to care for your new green children. Lots of clean air is in your future.